Ministry of Science and Technology Recruitment 2022 for Director: Pay Scale Rs. 218200, Check Eligibility Details and How to Apply Here
Ministry of Science and Technology Recruitment 2022: The Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) has invited Online Applications from the Candidates meeting the Eligibility Criteria for the Post of Director (01 Vacancies) in the Department of Science and Technology (DST) under the Ministry of Science and Technology. Those, who deem to having satisfied the Eligibility Criteria, desire to apply, may submit the Applications through Online Registration Application (ORA) Portal. The Last Date for Online Application Registration shall end on 1st September 2022 (01.09.2022) as notified in the UPSC Recruitment Advertisement 2022.
Selection Methodology: The Union Public Service Commission, in the event of the Applications being large in number received from the Applicants/ Candidates, Union Public Service Commission shall adopt the Shortlisting Criteria to restrict the number of Candidates to be called for Interviews to a Reasonable Number by Any or More of the Methodologies as mentioned hereunder:
1) “On the basis of Desirable Qualification (DQ) or any one or all Desirable Qualifications (DQs) if more than one Desirable Qualification has been prescribed”.
2) On the basis of Higher Educational Qualifications than the Minimum Prescribed in the Advertisement.
3) On the basis of Higher Experience in the relevant field than the Minimum Experience Prescribed in the Advertisement.
4) By counting the Prior Professional Work-Experience before or Post-acquisition of the Essential Qualifications.
5) By invoking the Prior Work Experience even in cases where there is No Experience mentioned Either as Essential Qualification (EQ) Or as Desirable Qualification (DQ).
6) By holding a Recruitment Test (RT).
In view of the fore-stated Conditions, the Candidate should therefore mention all His or Her Qualifications and Experience in the relevant Field over and above the Minimum Qualifications.
1. The Category-wise Minimum Level of Suitability in the Interviews (100 Marks), irrespective of whether the Selection is made only through Interview or by Recruitment Test (RT) followed by the Interview, shall remain:
2. Minimum Qualifying Marks: a) Un-Reserved Minimum Qualifying 50 Marks to be secured out of Aggregate 100 Marks. b) Economically Weaker Sections 50 Marks. c) Other Backward Community: 45 Marks, c) Scheduled Caste/Scheduled Caste/Persons with Benchmark Disability (PwBD): 40 Marks.
3. In the cases where Selection is conducted through Recruitment Test (RT) followed by the Personal Interview, the Candidate will have to achieve the Minimum Level of Suitability in their respective Categories at the Interview Stage.
Name of the Department: Department of Science & Technology under the Ministry of Science and Technology
Name of the Designated Post: Director in National Atlas and Thematic Mapping Organisation: 01 Vacancy
Pay Scale: Level-14 in the Pay Matrix (Rs. 144200 to Rs.218200)
Age Limit: General Category Candidates to NOT exceed 50 Years. *However, the Upper Age remains Relaxable for Regularly Appointed Central Government/Union Territory Government Servant up to Five years as per the Instructions/Order issued by the Government of India from time to time.
Educational Qualification: The Candidate should have in possession a Doctorate (Philosophiae Doctor) in Geography with a Master’s Degree in Geography Subject from any duly recognized University or Institute.
Essential Service Experience: 15 Years’ Working or Research Experience in the field of Geography or Geology or Geo-spatial Technologies in any Executive or Faculty Position, including Minimum 03-Years’ Experience Performing in Administration or Establishment Work. Note: The Qualifications, in case of Candidates otherwise well-qualified, remain Relaxable at the Union Public Service Commission’s discretion.
How to Apply for UPSC Recruitment 2022 for Director in Department of Science & Technology
1) Visit UPSC Website: www.upsconline.nic.in.
2) Log in to UPSC ORA Link https://upsconline.nic.in/ora/
3) Carefully Read the Online Application/Registration Instructions.
4) Apply following the Instructions on the Online Registration Application Portal. Scan Signature and Most-recent Passport-size Photographs for uploading. Ready Self-attested Documents, including Photograph and Signature to be uploaded.
Application Fee and Mode of Payment:
i) The Candidates shall need to pay an Application Fee of Rs. 25.00 (Rupees Twenty- five only) only either by remitting the Application Fee in any Branch of the State Bank of India in Cash or by using the Net-banking Facility of the State Bank of India or through Visa/Master Credit/Debit Card.
ii) SC/ST/PwBD/Women Candidates under any Community remain exempt from the Application Fee Payment.
Disclaimer: The Recruitment Information provided above is for informational purposes only. We do not provide any Recruitment guarantee. Recruitment is to be done as per the official recruitment process of the company or organization posted the recruitment Vacancy. We don’t charge any fee for providing this Job Information. Neither the Author nor Studycafe and its Affiliates accepts any liabilities for any loss or damage of any kind arising out of any information in this article nor for any actions taken in reliance thereon.