Canopy, an accounting software provider, unveiled on November 16, Canopy Engagements. This new feature empowers accountants to enhance and automate client experiences through professional engagement letters and proposals directly within the Canopy suite.
Canopy Engagements Makes Engagement Letters and Proposals Effortless
Canopy Engagements incorporates a form-like process that captures every detail and templatizes each item offered by a firm. The product/service name, description, service item, rate, rate type, and billing frequency can all be defined with an unlimited number that can be added to every engagement. Payment information can be captured upfront and billing can be customized. The engagement can be edited based on client feedback.
Canopy Engagements is a seamless, automated solution that allows engagement data to flow directly into Canopy without relying on integrations to transfer client or prospect details into practice management software. Once the proposal is accepted, all associated tasks are automatically created in Canopy, saving hours of manual labor in project and task creation and assignment.
Canopy Enables Engagement Management Tracking Every Step of the Way
Canopy Engagements provides a clear view of engagements and proposals. See partially accepted engagements and pending signatures. Track engagement progress by monitoring completed tasks.
- Viewing proposals by accepted date.
- The ability to see progress on tasks associated with each engagement. The tasks can also be filtered by the assignee.
- The ability to create engagement item templates, both general and specific to each service item, customized to their firm and then individualized for each prospect or client.
- Client access to the engagement through a secure link, guiding them through a wizard that outlines the services, terms, and acceptance requirements (signature and payment). For their record, they can then download the accepted proposal.
- Decrease scope creep, delayed payments, and write ups/downs by outlining rates, payment terms, service items, and delivery dates.
According to Westra, Canopy Engagements enhances client experiences and simplifies the process of sending engagements and collecting payments.
Canopy Engagements is part of Canopy’s base product, Client Engagement, which includes the engagement builder, client acceptance experience, eSignatures, engagement management, and CRM.
Canopy, a cloud-based practice management software suite designed to increase efficiency and boost revenue for accounting firms. It offers tools for client management, document management, workflow, and time & billing, as well as specialty compliance solutions that help accountants obtain IRS transcripts and resolve notices quickly. Canopy’s solutions are SOC2 certified and data encrypted to ensure personal information is secure. Learn more at https://www.getcanopy.com/.